Thursday, April 11, 2013

How to Get Rid of Acne Naturally at Home

One of the most annoying things in the world is looking in the mirror and seeing acne. It's horrible to look at, gives you a feeling of embarrassment, and sometimes can even be quite painful. I personally have been battling acne since high school. It really affected my self-esteem and sometimes was so bad I didn't want to leave the house. Let's face it, looks are very important to people. The way we see ourselves is especially important, and if all we see is acne, it will definitely put a damper on our confidence and the way other people see us. I tried numerous products, but nothing seemed to work. Finally, after reading about the causes of acne online, I tried something that potentially became effortless.

I simply watched my health and took care of my body. My advice to people who are battling acne is to do research and figure out what may be the cause of your acne. I believe for me it was the foods I was putting into my body and the way I was taking care of my skin- which basically was to not take care of it. If you have acne and believe you are facing the problems I faced, below I have listed some tips that helped me conquer my unwanted blemishes.

Tips:

1. You need to determine your skin type.

I have combination skin so sometimes it's oily and sometimes it's dry. My forehead was always oily so I used too much rubbing alcohol to dry it out which resulted in more oil on my forehead, and caused the rest of my face to become too dry and peel.

2. Drink a lot of water.

You've heard people recommend at least 8 cups a day, but I say drink as much as possible. The more hydrated I was, the better my complexion became. The water and hydration cleanses out the body and removes dirt and other toxins resulting in fewer breakouts. I recommend cutting out sodas too; the sugar and carbonation can't be good for the skin.

3. Cleanse your face.

Experts and dermatologists say to wash your face two times a day. Wash infected areas as soon as you wake up and as soon as you go to sleep. You do not have to purchase the most expensive items at the store to make sure your face is clean. In fact, you don't have to purchase anything at all. You can create a home remedy facial cleanser at home with simple grocery items. For example, I use about two tablespoons of vinegar and the same amount of water and then I mix it together and rub on my infected areas with a washcloth. It works great! However, there are also other home remedies you can find for your skin type on the internet.

4. Don't pop, pick at, or mess with pimples.

If you constantly touch your face the oils and dirt from your hands will get into the skin and cause more breakouts. If you pick at zits, it can damage the skin and cause acne scars. Some blackheads are okay to pop, but you have to make sure it's ready. If you mess with acne that's not ready, it can cause more breakouts and potential scarring. I have a few little tips in getting rid of a pimple fast. If you have a pimple when you wake up in the morning dab some toothpaste on it and it will shrink the pimple immediately. Another trick is eye drops. Pour some eye drop medication on the infected area and it will make the redness go down significantly.

5. Exfoliate.

Exfoliating is very important because it deep cleans the skin and gets all the dirt below the surface. It also helps in minimizing pores which allows for fewer toxins to enter. A simple formula to exfoliate with is the mixture of baking soda and water. Just massage onto your face and it works as a gentle scrub.

6. Tone.

Toning removes the dead skin from your body. Try using undiluted lemon juice. Just spray it on your face and it will increase new skin growth.

7. Moisturize.

It is important for the skin to remain hydrated without becoming too oily and causing numerous breakouts. I recommend using olive oil as a quick lotion/oil to moisten the skin. Leave on for two minutes and then just dab it with a washcloth to wipe away any extra oil.

8. Allow skin to refresh and breathe. Give the makeup a break.

I know it's difficult but your skin will thank you. If this isn't an option and you have to wear makeup, try wearing mineral makeup. Find make-up that doesn't have harmful chemicals in them and try to just wear less makeup all together. Today, there is makeup with acne fighters in them which will help in the fighting of breakouts. However, if you do wear makeup, make sure you take it off completely before going to bed. Leaving makeup on will be more harmful to your skin. 9. Watch your diet. Try not to consume foods with lots of sugars or foods that are processed. The more natural things you put in your body, the more radiant your skin will look. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

Having acne doesn't have to be the end of the world. Follow my tips above and you'll have healthier looking skin in no time. It doesn't have to be a pain and cost you a lot of money it's actually very simple. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment