Sunday, March 16, 2014

How Do I Heal My Acne Scarring Naturally? Try Honey!

Honey is an excellent natural remedy for healing acne scaring because of its antimicrobial, antioxidant, and hygroscopic properties. Antioxidants in honey increase tissue regeneration which can help scars to heal. Being hygroscopic, honey helps prevent the skin from drying out. By keeping the skin hydrated, it is healthier and better able to heal scar tissue. When applied to a blemish, the antimicrobial properties of honey can reduce swelling by killing any remaining infection and can help scars heal more quickly and smoothly.

Honey can be applied to the skin in several ways. It can be used by itself as a spot treatment; just dab a bit on a problem spot and cover with a Band-Aid at bedtime. If you have more than one or two spots to treat, then you may want to give yourself a honey facial. Apply a thin layer of honey to your entire face, sit back and relax for 20 minutes while it does its work. This can be a bit messy, so don't wear nice clothes; pajamas are great, especially if you do this treatment before bed. There are also other things that can be added to a honey mask like plain yogurt, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice.

Yogurt is soothing to the skin but the real benefit is in the lactic acid it contains. The lactic acid in yogurt helps gently exfoliate, loosen and remove dry and flaky skin and clear out debris from your pores. Mix 1 tablespoon plain yogurt with 1 tablespoon honey until blended smooth and apply to your face.

Oatmeal is also very soothing to the skin, it is exfoliating, and it will soak up excess oil. It can be used cooked or uncooked. As an ingredient in a facial mask it also has the benefit of making the mask less liquid which can make it easier to apply. Start with a small amount and add until the desired consistency is achieved.

Nutmeg and cinnamon have antifungal and astringent properties and nutmeg has also been shown to have antibacterial activity, making both beneficial additions to a honey mask. Add a teaspoon of one or both to your mask mix and blend until smooth. Both nutmeg and cinnamon can be harsh on sensitive skin, so if you have very sensitive skin either don't use them or leave the mask on for a shorter period of time and work up to the full 20 minutes as your skin tolerates it.

Lemon juice can help to lighten the color of scars and even out skin tone, but be careful when using lemon juice or any citrus on the skin because it increases photosensitivity making sun block all the more important. Lemon juice also makes the mask more runny and messy, so you may need to limit it to just a small squirt. Alternatively, apply lemon juice first to your entire face and let it dry while preparing the rest of the mask.

Honey can be an effective home remedy for acne scars, either by itself or in combination with other ingredients. It can also treat current acne breakouts and make your skin soft and smooth. Use honey as a spot treatment or, if you want a little pampering, curl up with a good book or a favorite movie and treat yourself to a honey facial.








Find more ehealingacne.com/acne-scar-remedies/removing-acne-scars-naturally tips for removing acne scars naturally and getting clear, healthy skin at ehealingacne.com ehealingacne.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I had this problem and tried so many things. Different things work for different people and I was lucky enough to find one that worked for me. I lost acne in a month and it's been a life changer. I'm a little embarrased to post my before and after photos here but if anyone actually cares to hear what I've been doing then I'd be happy to help in any way. Just shoot me an email at blair.tanner.thomas@gmail.com and I'll show you my before and after photos, and tell you about how things are going for me with the stuff I've tried and still using it to improve my skin. I wish someone would have helped me out when I was struggling to find a solution so if I can help you then it would make my day.

    ReplyDelete