Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Acne Skin Care Products - What Should Be Used to Treat and Cure Acne Effectively?

The products I have discussed here are designed to be prescribed together as a deployment to help defeat your acne. Your dermatologist must choose the right selection of medicines with the correct dosages. These are the most common ingredients that are used in acne products and various other skin care products. Owing to their excellent healing properties and wide range of applications for effective skin care, even the most basic and common skin care product nowadays have these substances in them.

Lactic Acid as a cure for dry skin and acne

One of the most necessary and advantageous cure is called "Lactic Acid". Lactic acid has various effects on the skin that lead to a positive development overall. Firstly, Lactic acid exfoliates the skin, without drying it, so no further moisturisation is needed, because as you might realise dry skin leads to more acne. Secondly, lactic acid also helps in giving a more even skin tone and texture by taking care of minor imperfections on the face.

Salicylic acid for redness and extreme inflammations

When there is redness and inflammation salicylic acid maybe used. Half of the battle is after the acne/pimple has gone there is redness and swelling. A lot of medications may also use steroids and steroids over time can have detrimental effects on your live and immune system. So it is preferable to avoid them in any acne treatment.

Glycolic Acid for moisturised skin and less acne

Moisturisation is a very important step too stop your skin from drying and acne spreading further, a product that can be used to prevent this is glycolic acid. You may find this contradictory, but over drying is a scientifically proven leading cause of acne.

Some people consider antibiotics to be the best medication for treating acne, however usually it is only available on prescription so speaking to your doctor before taking them is highly advisable.

Another important thing to remember is, that you might chose the right medication, but do you apply it correctly? The result of this is that your medication doesn't show any signs of improvement. Here is how to use your topical medications effectively and get more out of them.

Apply your medication at least 15 minutes after washing your face. Applying it immediately after cause more side effects and doesn't give as good results. Retinoid needs to be applied at least 30 minutes after you have washed your face.

You must never miss your application. Acne needs to be routinely treated for successful removal. By being hit and miss with your application you are reducing the chances of removal three fold. As well under treating, over treating of the acne will not work any better. Stick to the prescribed dosage. Acne medicines dry your skin, so avoid the use of any harsh cleansing products.








Prateek Modi is an enthusiastic blogger who experienced lot of acne problems and managed to overcome many of them through home remedies and practical solutions. He likes to share his experiences with others. For more on Acne and skin care visit : home-remedies-for-acne-removal.blogspot.com home-remedies-for-acne-removal.blogspot.com/
To learn new and exciting ways on how to quit smoking and lose weight at the same time, visit healthexercisepro.com healthexercisepro.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I had this acne, weak hair and nails problem and tried so many things. Different things work for different people and I was lucky enough to find one that worked for me. I lost all of that in a month and I'm still using it to take care of my skin and it's been a life changer. I'm a little embarrased to post my before and after photos here but if anyone actually cares to hear what I've been doing then I'd be happy to help in any way. Just shoot me an email at blair.tanner.thomas@gmail.com and I'll show you my before and after photos, and tell you about how things are going for me with the stuff I've tried and still using it to improve my skin. I wish someone would have helped me out when I was struggling to find a solution so if I can help you then it would make my day.

    ReplyDelete