Monday, February 4, 2013

Laser Skin Resurfacing For Acne Scars

Many people have begun using laser skin resurfacing to improve the smoothness and elasticity of their face. It has been touted as a great alternative to a facelift or Botox and has gained a large following as a less invasive form of facial rejuvenation. The results in the field of reducing aging are incredible and speak for themselves but I have experienced another great and life-changing application for this technology and that is in removing acne scars.

I, like many young people, experienced fairly bad acne as a teenager. I thought that it would never end but sure enough it is fifteen years later and the pimples are gone. Unfortunately the scars and discoloration from all of the years of breakouts are still there to remind me and continue to detract from my appearance. I thought I had tried every type of scar removal and smoothing product and procedure possible until my dermatologist recommended that I look into laser skin resurfacing.

Well I did. I made an appointment with a local cosmetic surgery clinic to come in for a consultation and I was skeptical of the claims they made. They said that after a one-day treatment I would be able to see a dramatic improvement. Well needless to say I was sold. The doctor gave me a cream to apply for the week or so leading up to my scheduled laser skin resurfacing. He said it would make my face ready for the treatment. He also gave me some medications to take as a prophylactic measure to reduce the risk of infection after the procedure. When the day came for the procedure I was given light sedation so I was awake but not fully aware and then the doctor applied a topical anesthetic and a local anesthetic. I hardly felt a thing. If anything it felt like a rubber band being lightly snapped against my cheek. It took about an hour and afterwards I felt some discomfort on my cheeks not unlike a sunburn. There was a little swelling as well but I was given an oral painkiller and kept icepacks on it and it felt much better in about two days.

Initially I was surprised by my appearance. My face was red and crusty for almost a week and then it turned bright pink. My doctor explained it was just discoloration and to be careful not to go in the sun as much as I could and if I'd had to be in the sun to wear sun block and a hat with a wide brim to protect my tender face.

Any disappointment I felt initially was gone about a month and a half after the procedure. Laser skin resurfacing made me look like I had never had a blemish. I was smooth and even colored with almost no indication that I had ever had any scarring. I was like a whole new woman.








In www.theartofplasticsurgery.com/wps-non.htm Chicago, laser skin resurfacing is a great way to improve the smoothness and elasticity of one's face. For more information visit www.theartofplasticsurgery.com www.theartofplasticsurgery.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment