Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Horrifying Acne Scars - How To Get Rid Of Them

When I was coming into puberty stage, I began feeling some changes in my body. My thighs have gone bigger; my arms have become rounder and my breasts have become fuller. These things excited me, as I hunt down new line of dresses and make-up. However, the glory of teenage years is spoiled by horrifying things that came with puberty - acne.

My dermatologist mentioned to my mortification that having acne breakout is a normal stage for teenagers. It mostly affects skin areas such as the face, upper part of the chest and the back. Not yet told, I pricked a couple of my first pimples. It was terrible. A few days later, the zits I pricked became inflamed and days later, small scars were visible on my face. My acne scars affected me emotionally and psychologically that caused me to withdraw from my friends and classmates. I stayed in the house longer that I stayed in school.

As I couldn't take on the shame anymore, I went to a dermatologist to put an end to my problem. Luckily, my acne scars were not that serious. From my dermatologist, I learned that there are actually four types of scars. The ice pick scar consists of deep pits and is normally the sign of acne scarring. The box car scar is the angular scar that usually occurs on the temples and cheeks that looks like chickenpox scars, which can be superficial or deep. The rolling scar gives the skin a wave-like appearance. And lastly, the hypertrophic scar is the most serious one, which is thickened and more like keloidal scars.

It is important to identify which type of scar you have so, that you can have the right treatment for it. It would not be a problem in the first place if you have prevented the scarring or even the occurrence of acne itself. Puberty is not something we can avoid, but there are ways that can be done to eliminate acne - like, increase fluid intake in a day, eat more vegetables and fruits instead of fatty and oily foods.

The horrors of acne scars can be dealt with proper treatment. There are a lot of over-the-counter products to reduce and even eliminate acne scars. However, it would be safer to use them with your doctor's prescription because instead of solving the problem, you might end up with far worse problems than what you have right now. The longevity of the treatment depends on the seriousness of the scar, of course. In fact, it took me 3 to 6 months to totally diminish the scars - and that was just a minor one.

So, before you jump in and use whatever over-the-counter acneskinsite.com acne solutions products you can get in order to eliminate your acne scars, seek your dermatologist's advice to help you know what type of acne you have and find the best way to remove those scars. You'll be sure to have that lovely, acne scar-free skin that you always wanted.








Dr. Albert Coley, MD, dermatologist provides down to earth, practical tips and advices on the best treatment for acne.For more Details please visit: acneskinsite.com Acne Solutions

No comments:

Post a Comment